Sunday, March 12, 2006

Finally, a decent moon shot!

Took some time tonight to play with my manual settings on my Canon S2 IS. This was done using 12X optical plus zoom extender, plus digital zoom. Overall, more than 48X. Then into Picasa2...added some sharpening, contrast and here's the result. Pretty cool huh?!

I've had a high school student contact me for a project interview. The first question is what process do you go through for inspiration? I'm hard pressed to say that I ever lack inspiration. I don't have enough time to photograph what want! What about you? Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Endment said...

Wonderful shot

Love what you did with it!

I seldom lack inspiration (perhaps when I am ill)

just for fun: "An artist cannot talk about his art any more than a plant can discuss horticulture." --- Jean Cocteau, Newsweek, May 16, 1955

I do think your photo is inspired!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Very nice! I would have guessed that you used a telescope.

9:37 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I also seldom lack for inspiration. I open my eyes. I walk around. I don't think inspiration is lacking, but I do think that being overwhelmed and with not much free attention can leave someone feeling uninspired.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Pam in Tucson said...

Great shot, beautifully processed! My husband just bought a Canon S2 IS and is looking forward to working with it. I find the viewfinder too dim in bright daylight and can't use it, although I certainly like the images it produces.

Not sure about the inspiration question. For me - there's more than enough inspiration and it's almost always there; it's the subsequent process to realize it that's the difficult part.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home