Friday, March 31, 2006


It's night. Windows open and a gentle breeze. Dry air makes it feel cooler than it really is.
Just a few weeks ago it was snowing. Has Spring really arrived. Plants and critters think so.
I suppose we could still have another cold snap. But the tide has turned. I'm ready. Not so much that the Winter was hard or long. Just ready for a change. Soon I'll curse the lawn and long for the cold. Well, maybe, or maybe not.



These are more images from Woodward Park. I'm not sure I understand what it is that is in us to create and preserve these patches of beauty. I'm just really glad we do. Strange how we can be such ugly nasty beasties and yet.....

5 Comments:

Blogger harmonyinline said...

These photos are lovely .The pond looks so tranquil. I so love spring, its my favorite time of year.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Pam in Tucson said...

Wonderful photos. Luscious azalea! How lucky you are. We find them only in little pots at florists. I love the reflection in the second photo. What kind of tree is the one that's flowering?

11:52 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

The color and the reflection are beyond words!

It seems like spring is trying to come warm breezes and 70's here today. We will see what april brings.

3:18 AM  
Blogger JLLove said...

Harmony - Spring is wonderful But I must say that I love seasons. I like the change. I've always lived where seasons occur. I wonder how it would be otherwise?

Pam - It is a Redbud. The state flowering tree of OK.

Endment - Thank you! Now to the down side of Spring - a day of yardwork!

8:13 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Yes, spring. There is something about the day when the weather finally turns. The temps are warm and not going back. I walked to the mailbox the other day, and didn't bundle up with wool hat and gloves. Just a sweater. Spring.

These photos are beautiful. They capture that essence of spring.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home